For many people struggling with chronic pain, pain relief sounds like a ‘far-fetched’ goal. Finding a pain therapy that works requires a lot of trial and error. Advanced Pain Solutions is a forward-thinking clinic with offices and surgical facilities in Ionia and Grand Rapids that offers pain management for adults in and around West Michigan. The practitioners integrate their knowledge in interventional pain medicine, family practice, medication management, and anesthesiology to provide tailored care for every patient. They are aware of pain’s impact on a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Thus, every physician takes the time to listen to your concerns and carefully discuss your inherent condition as well as the finest pain-relieving therapy options. For the best interventional pain management in Ionia, schedule a consultation through mobile or book online today for the best interventional pain management in Ionia.
What Is Interventional Pain Management?
Traditional pain management procedures like physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other non-surgical techniques help alleviate pain. Interventional pain treatment differs from traditional pain management in that it employs radiofrequency and injections to target and address the source of your pain.
Recognizing a patient’s pain, the physiology of pain and available solutions enables pain management experts to build a multidisciplinary strategy that uses several strategies specifically tailored to your pain and lifestyle. Interventional pain management has expanded the range of technologies and therapies that are accessible, efficient, and ultimately capable of restoring your life quality.
What Are Some of the Interventional Pain Management Treatment Options Available?
As with other pain management techniques, there is no one-size-fits-all solution with interventional pain management at Advanced Pain Solutions. Your care plan depends on the seriousness of your symptoms and their effect on your health.
Some of the treatments you can benefit from include:
- Nerve blocks – They are diagnostic injections that can help you determine if a particular nerve in your spine is triggering your pain. Physicians also use nerve blocks to relieve pain and swelling.
- Facet joint injections – used to establish whether or not the discomfort is caused by the facet joints but can also help with swelling and pain in the joints.
- Epidural injections – anesthetic and steroid drugs inserted into the epidural space to highlight an issue or alleviate pain.
- Spinal cord stimulation – electrical impulses inhibit the circuits that transmit pain signals to the brain.
- Discography – A test done to look within your discs to check the cause of your pain. A dye is injected into a targeted disc, subsequently examined with diagnostic imaging like an X-ray or CT scan.
- Intrathecal pump – A surgical implant plump device delivers pain-relieving drugs directly to the source of the spine pain.
Some patients only require one of these treatments, whereas others require a blend of several solutions to find lasting relief. By working with a skilled interventional pain management specialist at Advanced Pain Solutions, you can find out more about what solutions work best for you.
Whether you face facet joint syndrome-like symptoms or have cancer-related pain, the interventional pain management specialists at Advanced Pain Solutions can help. Call the office or book an appointment online right away to get started.