‘Unless freedom is gained in the body,freedom of mind is a far cry’- thequote by the great yoga guru B.K.S.Iyengar holds a strong connectionbetweenthe wellness of body and mind. Back pain is a common problem today.Young and the old,everyone encounters the problem of back pain due to various reasons.In the present lockdown conditions, working from home with incorrect sitting postures and no exercise has many people suffer from back pain. How can we overcome the problem of back pain?Apart from taking medicine, you canpractice yoga for lower back pain. Let us take a look at yoga exercises for back pain as an effective home remedy.
- SaptaPadangushtasana –Lying hamstring stretch
This asana helps in stretching your back and makes muscles stronger.
- Lie down on your back with feet stretched.
- Pull your right knee close to the chest.Hold the foot with one hand and bring in the arch form close to face.
- Bring your leg at the right angle to your face and keep it straight.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times with alternate legs and opposite hands.
- Marjari asana – The cat pose
- Place your hands and legs on the ground in the chair position.
- Keep your knees in line with the waist and place your back in the arch pose similar to a cat walking and stretching position.
- Repeat the cycles by bending your back up and down on your hands.
- This exercise strengthens your muscle adjoining the spine and provides relief to back pain.
- Cat Camel asana
This is a popular yoga for lower back pain.
- Keep your hands below the shoulders and knees below hips.
- Distribute the body weight on your hands and knees. Lift the face in upward direction during this asana in the elliptic movement.
- When you perform Camel asana, bend ahead to get a hump on the back and move in semi-elliptical postures.
- Both these exercises stretch and relax the spine and alleviate the pain. They reduce the stiffness in shoulders and neck too.
- Saralbhujang asana or The Sphinx
This is another popular yoga for back pain relief.
- Lie straight with face and chin touching the ground
- Place your feet together and stretch your toes in the downward direction. Juxtapose your hands from head position to the side near shoulders.
- Gradually lift the hands with the chin up till the palms become perpendicular to the head and shoulder.
- Semi bow shape will be achieved. You need inhale when you are in the upward posture and exhale while you come down
- Repeat the yoga asana 5 to 10 times.
Apart from performing yoga for lower back pain, Moov Advance Diclofenac Gel in your medical kit always proves to be useful to provide immediate relief from pain.It is anayurvedic preparation and fully safe for applying externally to aid pain and inflammation.