For Instagram, do you always choose a picture in which you are smiling with a closed mouth? Is this because you feel that your smile is not perfect? Veneers can be the answer for you because they help you get a smile so flawless that you would always want your teeth to be showing. Orlando veneers have helped many in getting the smile that they always dreamed of. If you are wondering what veneers are and how they work, read here to get answers to your questions.
What are veneers?
Dental veneers are basically a very thin layer of porcelain (or a different material)
which is bonded to your teeth, and is custom made according to your need. You can decide to get a full set of teeth or just a couple of them to fix particular teeth, depending on your needs. Unlike a crown that wraps your whole tooth, the veneer just wraps the front and the sides, not the back.
These can have several uses, let’s have a look.
What can they be used for?
Veneers are used for both aesthetic as well as medical purposes. If a person is not satisfied with either the shape, color, or contour of their natural teeth, veneers can help them in attaining what they like. Staining in natural teeth is very common and if somebody doesn’t like to see that on their teeth, a veneer can help them. A crooked smile, a chipped tooth, and misaligned teeth can all be fixed with them.
Veneers are also used in restoring teeth that have decayed, and provide them the extra strength that they need.
What advantages do they have?
- Since they are made of different materials and techniques, you have a good amount of options to choose from.
- The fact that they are custom made according to each patient, helps you in attaining the exact result that you are looking for.
- The procedure of preparing teeth for bonding a veneer is minimal and needs the tooth to only be scraped and drilled a little, hence not being invasive.
- Probably the best thing about a veneer is that the color is permanent, and you will never have to worry about discoloration or yellow teeth.
- These teeth can be brushed and flossed and just like natural teeth.
We hope we have answered all your questions.