Taking care of your teeth is very vital, but in one way or another, you can suffer from tooth loss. Many people across the world suffer from tooth loss in different ways. You can suffer tooth loss through injuries, periodontal disease, decay, or accidents. Due to the growth of technology in the health institution, you can now replace your lost teeth or tooth through dental implants. Dental implants use artificial roots and crowns that are placed on your jawbone to represent your natural tooth. North Miami beach dentist is the best you can consult if you need a dental implant. Below are the candidates for dental implants.
Is every person a candidate for dental implants?
If you have some missing teeth or a missing tooth, you can consider yourself a candidate for dental implants. However, according to the oral specialist, your dentists have to take you through an oral examination to confirm you as a candidate for the dental implant. Your doctor will examine the wellness of your jawbones, the presence of periodontal disease, and other oral complications. For you to have dental implants, you are supposed to have a healthy jawbone and be free from dental complications. On the other hand, if you have been smoking or suffering from severe chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart diseases, you may not undergo dental implants. It is essential to consult your dentist first to see whether you are a candidate. Below are the benefits of dental implants.
The advantages of having dental implants
Dental implants have both cosmetic and health benefits. These benefits include:
- Enhances oral health. When you lose some of your teeth, the remaining teeth might shift towards the gap. This behavior of the teeth might lead to crowded or misaligned teeth. Dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting their positions since they cover the gaps. When you have gaps in your teeth, jawbones may be weak since there are no teeth to keep them firm. Dental implants keep your jaw healthy and growing strong.
- Enhances your self-confidence. When some teeth are missing, you can be shy to interact with your friends and family members. They may laugh at you or talk behind your back about your teeth. Dental implants fill all gaps in your teeth, thus improving your mouth look.
- Improves appearance. The presence of gaps in your teeth changes your face appearance around your mouth. When you get dental implants, you retain your original appearance.
- Improves your diet. When you have fewer teeth, there are some foods you cannot eat, especially hard food. Dental implants give you a chance to eat foods like sugarcane, butternuts, and groundnuts.
- Durability. Dental implants do not get destroyed easily. They can last for a long time before they need to be replaced.
Dental implants are very essential to people who have missing teeth. There are several dental implants you can have. Since they require a professional dentist to perform, SEDA Dental services in North Miami are the best. Consult them today and enjoy your oral wellness.