Joint pain occurs in old age mostly but it can also be experienced in an event of injury or illness. The joints are hips, shoulders, knees, and elbows. They are used by a person to move the various body parts. The pain in these joints causes discomfort, aches, and soreness in the body. In most cases, you don’t even need to visit the hospital because the pain disappears after a few days or taking medicines. Sometimes, it also requires joint injections in Eugene depending on the condition of the patient.
Symptoms of Joint Pain
The reasons for joint pain may vary, so do its symptoms. If you experience unexplained pain in your joints, it is time to see your healthcare provider. Some of the warning signs may include:
- The pain persists longer than a week.
- The area around the joints is red, swollen, tender, and warm to the touch.
- Pain along with a fever with no symptoms of flu or cold.
If the pain occurs after an accident, you should immediately seek medical assistance. Some of the serious injuries include:
- Deformity in joints.
- Immobile joints.
- Severe pain.
- Sudden swelling in the joints.
Diagnosis of Joint Pain
Your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose joint pain with a physical examination. If nothing works out, he will ask you to undergo an X-ray and a CT scan. If there is some other cause, he will ask for a blood test to rule out the possibility of any other serious medical condition.
Treatment of Joint Pain
If you want to get some immediate relief, you can try out various remedies at home only. They are elaborated below:
- You can use pain relief ointments, painkillers, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to get rid of this pain and feel better moving around.
- It is suggested to join fitness classes that offer light to moderate exercise regimes. It is a good idea to stay active if you want to eliminate joint pain.
- Bodyweight can be one of the major reasons for body aches. You should adhere to a healthy diet to achieve the targets of the weight of your body.
- Getting a massage, hot baths, stretching, Yoga, and Meditation can also help you reduce joint pain.
If you want to get the proper treatment for this medical problem, you should log onto the internet and find the best one around you.